Vertical Turbine Pump & Motor Repair
JBS offers turnkey vertical turbine pump and motor repair to Tennessee, Kentucky, and Northern Alabama. We are the most experienced pump & rotating equipment rebuilder in the Mid-South, and vertical turbine pumps (VTPs) are one of our specialties. Whether for water and wastewater utilities, industrial, commercial, or institution facilities, we regularly repair VTPs up to 48” in diameter and motors up to 700hp.
JBS has the right tools and staff of experts to refurbish and maximize the life of your vertical turbine pumps and motors: from onsite inspection, troubleshooting and vibration analysis; to removal and transportation; to in-house shop repair and machine work; to re-installation, laser alignment and start-up in the field.
PUMP REBUILD PROCESS
- JBS’ experienced field crew troubleshoots and assesses the pump in the field. If a rebuild is required, we remove the pump using our custom collars.
- The pump is transported and unloaded at our shop.
- The pump is then completely disassembled, cleaned, and inspected. Our quality management program then documents all findings and advises the customer. JBS machinists and mechanics will inspect the pump for: corrosion, rusted out voids, or erosion; flow inconsistencies; improper shaft clearance; cavitation; or blockages.
- VTP parts are thoroughly sandblasted and cleaned.
- Parts are replaced or repaired according to the severity of wear. New bearings, bushings, wear rings, and shafts may be machined via our in-house machining process. Additionally, our consistent relationship with all major manufacturers allows JBS to source OEM bowls, impellers, and other propriety parts, when necessary in the rebuild process.
- Clearances are checked and documented for new and repaired parts.
- Impellers are dynamically balanced to OEM specifications.
- The pump is carefully reassembled (either in-shop or on-site) and given a fresh coat of paint prior to delivery and installation.
- Following installation, final adjustments are made to ensure proper clearances, level and function of the pump. A test run is conducted prior to leaving the property to ensure customer satisfaction.
Vertical turbine pumps are a type of centrifugal pump, typically used to pump water from deep pits or wells as part of a water distribution system. They’re also known as deep well turbine pumps, short set pumps, line shaft turbine pumps or axial flow pumps. VTPs are typically multistage pumps with several levels of impellers encased in a bowl assembly. They include a motor, discharge head, one or more flanged columns to house the shaft, and one or more bowls (aka “stages”). Often, a basket strainer is installed on the bottom bowl to prevent large solids from entering the pump.
Vertical turbine pumps are utilized in a variety of agricultural, municipal, industrial, irrigation and some commercial applications. They are generally used for pumping clean water that requires high pressure and high head. They are most commonly used to pump water out of deep pits, wells, rivers or lakes and commonly utilized as raw water pumps or high service pumps.
Key advantages include: 1) a small footprint, 2) there are no priming issues due to the impellers being submerged in fluid, as long as minimum submergence requirements are met, and 3) they are easily customized, and are highly efficient on high head, low flow applications.
JBS Repairs All Brands of Vertical Turbine Pumps, including:
- Crane Deming
- ITT Goulds
- Peerless Pump
- and more…
Learn More About Our: